Build your Apex application better – do less in ApexPosted: February 17, 2014
Originally posted on Jeff Kemp on Oracle:
I recently saw this approach used in a complex Apex application built for my current client, and I liked what I saw – so I used a similar one in another project of mine, with good results.
- Pages load and process faster
- Less PL/SQL compilation at runtime
- Code is more maintainable and reusable
- Database object dependency analysis is much more reliable
- Apex application export files are smaller – faster to deploy
- Apex pages can be copied and adapted (e.g. for different interfaces) easier
How did all this happen? Nothing earth-shattering or terribly original. I made the following simple changes – and they only took about a week for a moderately complex 100-page application (that had been built haphazardly over the period of a few years):
- All PL/SQL Process actions moved to database packages
- Each page only has a single Before Header Process, which calls a procedure (e.g.
View original 1,092 more words