Dateline: February 1, 2013
Welcome to our Friday WRAP – one thought-provoking idea to think about over the weekend.
Project management is a critical role for every IT organization. But putting the right person in the role of project management is often an art, rather than a science. A recent article at CIO.com, by Jennifer Lonoff Schiff, 7 Must-Have Project Management Skills for IT Pros, nicely summarized critical skills needed to be effective and successful:
- Be highly organized and a good multi-tasker
- Take charge and know how to lead
- Be an effective communicator
- Know how and when to negotiate
- Be detail-oriented
- Recognize and solve problems quickly
- Possess the necessary technical skills
Does this list sound complete? Do your project managers have these skills? What additional skills do your project managers need?
That’s a WRAP! Have a wonderful weekend.