This is Part 5 – Entity Model of the “Creating a Framework for Chemical Structure Search“-Series.
- Part 1 – Simplistic Introduction to Cheminformatics
- Part 2 – Substructure Search Performance
- Part 3 – Current Cheminformatics Landscape
- Part 4 – Component Selection
- Part 6 – Data Access Layer
- Part 7 – Service Layer
- Part 8 – Spring Security Integration
- Part 9 – Putting it all together
In this part I will introduce you to the chosen design for the model (entity classes) and I will explain the reasoning behind it. The model is fairly simple but it still took me rather long to finalize it. The issue is that I needed to consider what different applications using my framework might require and at the same time keep it as simple as possible.
I’m just going to show you a simple UML class…
View original post 649 more words