Following the installation of SharePoint 2010 SP2 I noticed a large number of event log errors for the Publishing Cache on web front end servers. The error was “An error occurred in the blob cache. The exception message was “The system cannot fine the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)”.
Looking deeper into the error using the ULSViewer I could see that the error was being caused by language pack files that could not be found. The files could not be found because following the installation of the language pack the Publishing Infrastructure feature had not been reactivated. The TechNet notes here state “After you install a new language pack, you must deactivate and then reactivate any language-specific features before you use the new language pack.”
In order to resolve the error I went into Site Settings -> Site collection features. I deactivated the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure, then activated the…
View original post 21 more words