The new version of Twitter REST API has been out for a while now, and one of the biggest changes that needs to be implemented now in order to consume it, is that for GET methods such as search / tweets, all the requests need to be sent with OAuth signature as part of the Authorisation header, so I’ll show a little work around on how to perform these requests by creating an ADF Mobile application that calls the GET search/tweets method with a OAuth 1.0a HMAC-SHA1 signature as part of the Authorisation header…
Before starting make sure that you:
- Have your own Twitter account (pretty obvious I know).
- Have created your Twitter app from https://apps.twitter.com
- Already generated the API Keys for your Twitter app.
- Generate a new ADF Mobile Application.
- Create a new URL Connection in the Application Resources section, the correct URL endpoint should be https://api.twitter.com. We…
View original post 400 more words