The steps below are to install and configure the vCenter Server Appliance, configure SSO to lookup users in a specific OU in Active Directory, add an Administrator, add your first host, and configure email server settings.
- Download the latest version of the vCenter Server Appliance (184.108.40.20601 for this writing) and place it some where that is accessible by the client hosting the vSphere client
- Have the vSphere Thick client installed
- Have a datastore created for the appliance (VM_Appliances for this writing)
- Identify the Fully Qualified Domain name and IP address of the server ahead of time
- Verify the datastore name and size and…
View original post 1,269 more words