- 1 out 5, of all sites, use jQuery.
- Simplicity, Speeds up web development
- Avoids common headaches w/ browsers
- Extensive list of plugins
- Large & active community
- Extensive test coverage (50 browsers, 11 platforms)
- API for both coders and designers.
what is a plugin?
- A plugin is nothing more than a custom jQuery method created to extend the functionality of the jQuery object (Ex: $(‘ul’).myPlugin()).
- You want to “find something”, and “do something” but the “do something” is not available in jQuery.
- Roll your own “do something” with a plugin.
A jQuery plugin steps:
Plugins are simple, just follow the steps
Step 1. create a private scope for $
View original post 28 more words